REFLECT EXPERIMENT CAPTURE (REC)
Reflect Experiment Capture is a project entailing art, experimental filmmaking and new technologies and violence prevention in a single initiative. It tackles violence in general and bullying in particular through experimental filmmaking as an innovative and attractive technique for any audience, especially the youth which is our target group. This improves the administrative functioning, social and dissemination skills.
The project will be the first of its kind to design a programme for disadvantaged youth to prevent violence and bullying.
- MANAGEMENT ACTIVITIES
- Inaugural meeting in Spain. This is to prepare the project strategy for the next 24 months and two youth workers from each country will attend the meeting.
- Online Conference. This will be included as a tool for internal communication because some of the topics in regards of the development of the project could be discussed online
- Project manual set up. A project manual will be prepared by Intras at the beginning of the project, explaining concrete tasks and establishing lead partners and supporting partners, clarifying deadlines to be met and quantitative and qualitative indicators.
- Communication management plan. This will be presented at the time of the inaugural meeting with the purpose of promoting the success of the project by meeting the information needs. The plan will include tools to collect information, specifying and plan actions and approaches, monitoring them and facilitate links between partners and ideas.
- Assessment. Every project output will be evaluated throughout the eligible period in order to ensure successful implementation of the project, which refers to the content related, logistic and financial aspects of the latter.
- PREPARATORY ACTIVITIES
- Training of youth workers. This will take place immediately after the inaugural meeting. 2 Youth workers per organization will attend it and have the chance to work closely with experts in experimental filmmaking. It will focus on: Learning experimental film concept sticking on violence and its representations, its context, perspective, practices and processes.
- Recruitment of participants. In March REC partners will publish and disseminate the REC Call for participants. This document will include a description of the project idea, the purpose, the topic, the admission requirements, entry conditions, forms, selection procedure, deadlines, intellectual property rights, data protection and all the data needed to be known by the youth Filmmakers.
- Need analysis and consultation with young people and youth workers- to adapt REC Labs to the local needs of each group. Dejavato will provide partners with the templates and guidelines to conduct research and consultation with young people and youth workers. The main goal of this consultation is to investigate what could be the most suitable way to organize the LABs and meet local youth and trainers’ needs. This activity will lead to the production of an autonomous report to inform the design of the REC Labs.
- Volunteering programme. Once the volunteers are being selected and trained by the sending organizations, they will arrive to the hosting countries to collaborate with Intras, CESIE and CJD for a period of 12 months. They will collaborate in the local application of the REC project there and learn everything about fighting against violence so upon their arrival to their national countries they can lead the REPLAY Lab I and II.
- DESIGN OF THE REC PROGRAMME
- A-B Design and Application. The main objective is to provide valuable information for the design of the REC Labs individually, to be ready right before its application. Intras will provide on-going support, templates and instructions to each partner, who will design one Lab. Each Lab will last 2 months or 32 hours and will offer a practical approach to explore the topic through filmmaking
- MARKETING & AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
- It will combine a strong online presence with both local/international activities which will culminate in the Experimental Video Fest in Indonesia. The elements of the campaign include; social networks, social releases, launch of the experimental videos and local exhibitors
All partners will empower youth Filmmakers to create and sustain Management Boards (MBs), apply Peer Learning methodologies (REPLAY Labs) and support external organizations to replicate REC model using different tools.
- International Transformation Foundation (ITF) - Kenya
- INTRAS Foundation- Spain
- CJD Verbund NRW Süd / Rheinland- Germany
- CESIE- Italy
- Dejavato Foundation- Indonesia