We are delighted to welcome you to our Capacity building project "Bee (Building empowering environment for Youth employability)" that will gather together a global partnership from 13 different organizations from 4 different continents with the aim to tackle youth unemployment by bridging together educational sector, labour market, youth and public institutions and enabling young people to undergo work-based learning period (WBL). We believe we can make a positive difference both at local and international scale through involving youth organizations and strengthening cross-sectorial networking that will create new opportunities for work based learning mobility. "BEE" partnership is based on a cooperative working methodology that will foster cross-fertilization through sharing practices and approaches, as well as by bridging together not only youth organizations, but also schools and employers in a global perspective. Furthermore we hope the partnership will be an important step towards the development of our common projects. This project summary aims to introduce the most important objectives and milestones of the project.
BEE aims to foster youth employability by creating an empowering environment to enable young people to undergo a work-based learning period and to foster links between formal education, non-formal education and labour market. BEE promotes a holistic approach and structured cross-sectorial cooperation for raising youth employability. BEE contributes to achieving the objectives of the Europe 2020 Strategy and objectives of the strategic framework for European cooperation in education and training. BEE supports the priorities of Erasmus+ namely stating "in order to reduce youth unemployment […] the wide range of transversal skills, which are needed to raise young people's achievement in education and training and to prepare them for modern social and working life, can be further developed through out-of- school activities, in non-formal and informal learning settings" [COM(2013)8193]. BEE will build capacity of youth organizations in improving young people's access to the labour market through providing them with work-based learning opportunities. This will be achieved by equipping youth organizations with tools to bridge the sectors and create cross-sectorial networking in each partner country that will be further interconnected on international level.
The objectives of the project are:
- to foster cooperation, exchange of knowledge and capacity development in the field of work- based learning mobility between the partner countries;
- to create and reinforce synergies between formal education sector, non-formal education and labour market and to set up environment for cross-sectorial cooperation for youth employability;
- to provide youth organizations with guidance and tools for bridging the sectors and creating an empowering environment for work-based learning;
- to create new tools and methods that promote work-based learning mobility as a complementary education path in order to support boosting employability of young people;
- to support and facilitate creation of cross-sectorial networking on global level thus set up space for creation of new work-based learning mobility opportunities for young people. BEE expected results that will contribute to solve the problems of youth employability and skill gap identified in the previous sections are the following:
- increased capacity of youth organizations to promote work-based learning experience;
- raised awareness and improved attitude of formal education, employers, public institutions and youths towards work based learning as crucial step for employability;
- Increased quality, quantity and accessibility of work-based learning both at local level (through local cooperation and networking) and at international level (through specific mobility schemes). In the long run thus, BEE contributes to empower youths' potential to be successfully integrated in the labor market and to reduce the skills gap and increase their economic competitiveness. BEE foresees creation of a key deliverable, the manual that contributes to ensuring sustainability and multiplication of its results beyond the project lifetime and setting up space for further cooperation in the field of work- based learning. The manual focuses on good practices and ways to implement holistic approach that links formal education, labor market, youths and public institutions.
? International seminar (Bologna; Italy: 17 - 26 July 2016)
The meeting aims at fostering capacity building of the consortium and providing participating organizations with tools and knowledge on raising an awareness campaign about the need of cross- sectorial cooperation for youth employability in their communities. It provides participants with knowledge on EU policies in the field of youth employability, work-based learning mobility and its role for boosting youth employability concept of apprenticeship, tools for bridging different sectors and promoting holistic approach. YouNet will present own first-hand experience on creating an enabling environment for WBL, sharing practical examples of recent experiences, methods and tools for bridging VET institutions and labor market. A special space will be dedicated to joint elaboration of the framework of the awareness raising campaign.
? National awareness raising campaigns (August 2016-October 2016)
The national awareness raising campaigns will be implemented by partners based on the knowledge gained during the seminar and on the structured framework developed. The aim of campaign is to activate partners' communities for structured cross-sectorial cooperation among NGOs, schools (especially VET institutions), employers and stakeholders in order to create an enabling environment for fostering youth employability throughout work-based learning. The campaign includes creation and dissemination of promotional materials and video teasers, community meetings and conference with national dimension targeted to stakeholders.
? Job-shadowing in YouNet (3 flows: 3/10-19/10- -- 19/10-4/11 -- - 4/11-20/11/2016)
The job shadowing aims at offering opportunity to youth workers to learn the functioning of an enabling environment in practice. During the mobility youth workers will experience the holistic approach in action with particular focus on cross-sectoral networking. Job-shadowers will follow YouNet's daily work and learn every step in supporting apprenticeship placement for students (establishing contact with employers, schools, preparing pre-departure and on-arrival training, monitoring and evaluation of mobility, sustaining local and international networking in the field, visiting YOUMOB and acquiring information for preparing pilot YOUMOB in partner country). The expected outcome is gathered knowledge on a concrete practice that will be transferred to partners' built capacity for establishing work-based mobility cross-sectorial networking in their communities.
? Establishment of the networking on local level (01/12/2016-30/11/2017)
The networking activities will be implemented by partners basing on concrete knowledge and practice learnt during job-shadowing. Each partner will set up space for sustaining networking among schools and employers. The networking activities include 2 community meetings with VET schools, labor market and youth work sectors. Since the stakeholders will be already activated on the importance of cross-sectorial cooperation, the aim of the meetings is to invite stakeholders for collaboration on official level (signing agreement for cooperation, discussing possible VET placements, drafting concrete mobility projects/schemes).
? Study visits (10/01- 31/04/2017)
This phase aims at gathering information for creation of the manual on bridging cross-sectorial cooperation for apprenticeship and measure networking created on local level foresee sending 1 key staff member of YouNet to each of the partners' country. During the study visits YouNet staff will conduct a research on local contexts, gather information on the situation in the field of work-based mobility, support partners with feedback upon realized networking, start analysis of the best practices to be included in manual.
? Manual (01/01/2017- 01/09/2017)
The manual will be addressed to youth NGOs and it will be based on the information gathered throughout the study visits and concrete experience of creating networking for bridging the sectors acquired by partners. The manual will be based on partners' practices of creating enabling environment for work-based mobility and especially, networking; the idea is to conduct a research on successful practices and create a common framework and action plan "template" throughout such a "bottom-up" research. The manual will serve as practical concrete guidance for youth NGOs interested to support you employability through empowering work-based learning.
? Final seminar (Philippines, 04/09- 12/09/2017)
Will bring together consortium for analyzing achievements and start concrete planning of creation of work- based mobility placements for youth from partners' countries. During the seminar partners will evaluate achievements of created networking, prepare a comprehensive presentation of the project outcomes and memorandum for establishment of the Multi-stakeholders platforms.
? Local dissemination events
During the events partners will present the result of the project.
C.I.P Citizens In Power (PO.SI Polites se Ischy) CYPRUS
ASOCIATIA EUROPANET ROMANIA,
EUROPE HOUSE SLAVONSKI BROD CROATIA
KOINONIKI ANAPTYKSI NEON /K.A.NE. GREECE
VsI Socialiniu inovaciju centras LITHUANIA
ETICA DA TERRA BRAZIL
THE VOLUNTEER CENTRE SOUTH AFRICA
ASSOCIAÇÃO DE PARALISIA CEREBRAL DE COIMBRA – APCC PORTUGAL
DISHA INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION TRUST INDIA
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFORMATION FOUNDATION KENYA